Sunday, October 17, 2010

Shortcut to view tables

As a DBA I need to see the list of tables available in a particular database frequently. Traditionally, this can be done by traversing through the object explorer. This may be the popular method among GUI lovers. But for me it is a pain. I hope it is the same for most of the DBAs.


I use a different method to see the list of tables in a database using a shortcut key. I've assigned the below SQL statement to a shortcut key.

select SCHEMA_NAME(schema_id) [Schema],name from sys.tables order by SCHEMA_NAME(schema_id),name


To access, the shortcut key use the following steps;

1. Tools
2. Options
3. Select Keyboard from the left pane.
4. Assign the above SQL statement to a shortcut of your choice

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to interpret Disk Latency

I was analyzing IO stats in one of our SQL Servers and noticed that IO latency (Read / Write) are very high. As a rule of thumb, we know tha...